Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God is faithful

I've been sitting here listening to worship music and I'm so humbled...humbled to realize (again!) that this life is not all about me; it's not even mostly about me. It's NOT about me. Similarly, this adoption is not about me or Caleb or us beginning a family; this adoption is solely about God bringing glory to His name by using two willing vessels. And, it will happen in His time and in His way - of that I am confident.

This has been a very busy week for us, yet one abundantly filled with reminders of God's goodness and sustaining grace. A close friend came home from a missions trip aglow with all God did in the Dominican Republic. Caleb's schedule worked out so he could take me to a dentist appointment. Caleb has been able to attend the CPR training with me for the two nights it ran, even though by his schedule he wouldn't have been able to. Our music for a wedding is coming together. The little girl I babysit has been sleeping soo much better (1hr+ at a time!). I had a great time teaching the 2-3 year olds tonight at church. As a friend reminded me tonight, these are not mere coincidences...they are God at work, showing Himself to be faithful and true, as He promised. With all of these things in my heart, I am so filled with gratitude to serve such an awesome God who loves so deeply and cares so much about the intimate details of my life.

I am learning so much in this season...I read a book (required for our adoption) that finally gave me answers about things from my past and how I can deal with them. Isn't it amazing how God takes something unexpected and uses it just where you need it at a specific time? While I am definitely not where I want to be in the healing and emotional recovery process, I know this: my God is greater than any past events and He can tackle even the most obscure of enemies. I love these words from the Psalms: "Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle." (Ps 24: 8) I am also claiming these words: "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." (Deut 31:6) God will be faithful to bring healing and whatever else is necessary.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting that, Beka!!! I am so happy for all that God is doing in you!!! You are a precious daughter to us!
    Love,
    Mom (Dunnam)

    ReplyDelete